SENIOR ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
Curriculum, Pedagogy and Staff Development
Responsible to Head of School & Governing Body
Required for September 2022
Bishop Milner Catholic College seeks to appoint an inspirational Senior Assistant Principal who will be responsible for: guiding and supporting subject leads in reviewing curriculum intent, growing our commitment to sharing best practice in pedagogical, and pedagogical content knowledge, and, continuing to improve the professional development opportunities of colleagues. You will be required to work closely with our Assistant Principal for Progress, Attainment, Data and Intervention to ensure that our ambitions for Quality of Education are met in ways that best meet the needs of all students.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of raising standards through excellence in teaching and learning and the capacity to ensure that fully inclusive, Quality First Teaching is experienced by all students. They will also have experience at shaping the support needs of other practitioners and creating an aspirational climate for school improvement. A robust understanding of assessment in all its forms and the ability to form and sustain excellent relationships with colleagues at all levels is a must. The successful candidate will also have the ability to confidently support whole-college drives to achieve excellence where the Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development of children is concerned. As a Catholic school, we are looking for someone who is motivated by achieving these things in ways that place Christ at the centre of all we say and do. Therefore, a full commitment to the faith-life of the college is essential.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to take the next steps in their career and directly support the Head of School whilst developing themselves as a senior leader. You will have the highest expectations for all students and colleagues, share the belief that an excellent education and strong community are central to transforming lives and ensure that every student is given the opportunity and conditions to succeed.
We are looking for an individual who…
• Is a great teacher themselves and really knows what great learning looks like in the classroom.
• Is professionally well-read, invested in educational research and theory, but discerning in their approach.
• Has the passion and expertise to nurture and grow the professional development of colleagues.
• Is well-rounded in their leadership capabilities and can contribute to all areas of school development planning and evaluation.
• Is committed to raising attainment and improving the life-chances of students.
Is a Practicing Catholic.
• Further details are available from Mrs J Gill on 01384 889422 or e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Completed application forms to be returned for the attention Mrs S Foster, Head of School.
• Visits to the school are encouraged.
• See our website at www.bmilner.dudley.sch.uk
• Closing Date for applications: Monday 23 May 2022 (9.00 am)
• Interviews 26/27 May (tbc)