SENIOR ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
Behaviour and Attitudes
Responsible to Head of School & Governing Body
Required for January 2023
Bishop Milner Catholic College seeks to appoint an inspirational Senior Assistant Principal who will be responsible for all areas of policy and procedure linked to Behaviour and Attitudes across the college. You will be required to: Review and shape our vision for Behaviour, oversee behaviour and pastoral staffing structures, and, play a central role in whole-college development planning, monitoring and evaluation.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of raising standards through excellence in Behaviour for Learning and the capacity to ensure that a safe, well-ordered and positive climate for behaviour is experienced by all students in all areas across the college. They will also have experience at shaping the support needs of other practitioners and creating an aspirational climate for school improvement. A robust understanding of the Education Inspection Framework and the ability to form and sustain excellent relationships with key stakeholders at all levels is a must. As a Catholic school, we are looking for someone who is motivated by achieving these things in ways that place Christ at the centre of all we say and do. Therefore, a full commitment to the faith-life of the college is essential.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to take the next steps in their career and directly support the Head of School whilst developing themselves as a senior leader. You will have the highest expectations for all students and colleagues, share the belief that an excellent education and strong community are central to transforming lives and ensure that every student is given the opportunity and conditions to succeed.
We are looking for an individual who…
• Is a great teacher themselves and really knows what great learning and behaviour looks like in and out of the classroom.
• Understands the complexities of more challenging students and the need to work flexibly to support their individual needs.
• Is professionally well-read, invested in educational research and theory, but discerning in their approach.
• Has the passion and expertise to nurture and grow the professional development of colleagues.
• Is well-rounded in their leadership capabilities and can contribute to all areas of school development planning and evaluation.
• Is committed to raising standards and improving the life-chances of students.
Is a Practising Catholic.
• Further details are available from Mrs J Gill on 01384 889422 or e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Completed application forms to be returned for the attention Mrs S Foster, Head of School.
• Visits to the school are encouraged.
• Closing Date for applications: 12 noon Thursday 23 June 2022
• Interviews: Week commencing 27 June 2022 (tbc)